Monday October 24, 2011
I appreciate that a number of you have expressed concerns about the SNT review that has been taking place over the summer. The changes come into effect today (24 October).
I have attached a note from Chief Inspector Nigel Crane explaining why the review has taken place and the resulting staffing changes for our ward SNTs.
Although not all wards have changes those that do will no doubt be seeking ways to thank their Sergeants for helping to reduce crime and supporting the community. We should also welcome the new Sergeants and help them become familiarised with the differing locations and needs of our wards.
I have also attached a note with some bullet points (below) about the upcoming Halloween and fireworks weekends. Included is a printable sheet if you feel that some residents may wish to have a polite ‘Sorry, no trick or treat here’ sign for their front door.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your active work over the summer and wish you well for helping with the changing needs of crime prevention as the darker nights begin to arrive.
If you have any concerns or comments about NHW in Hammersmith & Fulham please do send me a note to this email address.
Chair, H&F NHW Borough Association
Bullet Points re Halloween and Bonfire Night
- Police SNTs have had their shift patterns changed so that they will be on duty at times when disorder and ASB relating to Halloween and Bonfire Night are most likely to occur. The council will be providing mobile CCTV capability where appropriate.
- Extra staffing levels have been agreed for the CCTV control room at key times.
- Trading standards will carry out visits to retailers licensed who sell fireworks to discuss issues around storage and underage sales.
- The police cadets and trading standards will be carrying out test purchasing operations around firework retailers.
- There are a number of activities for young people taking place in the borough during half term week, in the lead up to Halloween.
Details can be found here.
- There is one official fireworks display being held in the borough this year, at Ravenscourt Park on 5 November.
Details of the event and how to buy tickets can be found here.
- Police SNTs can be contacted on the following numbers:
Addison: 020 8721 2826
Askew: 07917 070 542
Avonmore & Brook Green: 020 8721 2581
College Park & Old Oak: 020 8721 2014
Fulham Broadway: 020 8721 2522
Fulham Reach: 020 8721 2520
Hammersmith Broadway: 020 8721 2057
Munster: 07879 602 852
North End: 020 8721 2589
Palace Riverside: 07879 602 631
Parsons Green & Walham: 020 8721 2013
Ravenscourt Park: 020 8721 2519
Sands End: 07881 848 408
Shepherds Bush Green: 020 8246 2783
Town: 07881 834 561
Wormholt & White City: 07843 291 094
- Flytips on public land should be reported to the council’s Cleaner, Greener hotline 020 8753 1100.
- A ‘Sorry, no trick or treat here’ PDF is available for download.